The chair of the Group Records committee is also the Area 78 Registrar. Please refer to the AA Service Manual, Chapter 5, which states in part: "In some areas, registrars now develop and maintain records of all groups in the area, including group name, meeting location, time, and GSR or group contact". In Area 78, this is the case with our Registrar directly maintaining the Area 78 records in the GSO database.
The General Service Office has a Fellowship New Vision (FNV) web portal. Logging into this secure web-based software provides access to all of the Area 78 group records which can then be updated in "real time". Therefore, both computer proficiency and a reasonable working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of tools is helpful in maintaining these Area group records.
- Ensure that the Committee functions properly.
- Facilitate full participation during meetings.
- Make certain that all relevant matters are discussed.
- Insure that all committee decisions are recorded in the Area Minutes.
- Report directly to the Area Assembly on pertinent committee decisions.
- Travel to and present at workshops in the Area, upon request.
- Transport equipment / supplies to Area 78 Area Committee Meetings and set up the Registration desk.
- Produce a synopsis of the background information on the Conference Agenda Items assigned by the Delegate for the Pre-Conference Assemblies.
- Perform daily Registrar data entry work and respond to email correspondence.
Send an email to the Group Records Chair (Area 78 Registrar) by using the form on the website Contact Us page.