About Electing Table Officers
Five (5) Area Officers are elected every second year to serve a 2-year term as a Table Officer of the Area 78 Service Committee. It is strongly suggested that the outgoing (not the incoming) GSRs and DCMs be available to vote at the Election Assembly in order to assure a more informed election.
The following information lists the elected Table Officer positions, with a brief summary of each role. Detailed information on the positions is available here:
- Delegate – Reports to and from the General Service Conference, held each year in New York.
- Alternate Delegate – Assists Delegate in responsibilities. Currently the Alternate Delegate is also tasked with keeping the Area 78 Guidelines and the Action Binders up-to-date.
- Chair of Area 78 – Responsible for the agenda, setting up, and chairing of Area Committee meetings. Co-chairs Table Officer/Finance Committee.
- Secretary – Records meetings and prepares the minutes.
- Treasurer – Maintains payables and receivables for Area 78. Co-chairs Table Officer/Finance Committee.
For those who are intending to stand for election, the use of the Area78ServiceResume.docx form (available in the Downloads/Forms folder) is not mandatory to be a candidate for any of the above positions. However, its use does assist both the candidate and the Area 78 Fellowship in several ways. These include the provision of consistent information in an organized way and assisting candidates in adhering to time limits for presentation of their resumes.
Are you a past/Current DCM?
Chairs for the Area 78 Standing Committees will be appointed at the Election Assembly. Candidates are asked to nominate themselves by completing the Online Committee Chair Self-Nomination Form.